- DRAGON TIGER
- AMOUNT OF CARDS DEALT
Baccarat may look complicated at first, but is actually very easy to pick up. It’s a very fun, fast-paced game with multiple game rounds per minute. Learn how to play below, then register your account at goldenpalace.be and claim your €5 welcome bonus to try it for free!
Learn how to play below, then receive up to €500 bonus to try it yourself! Simply use the code GP500 when making your first deposit and we’ll double your first deposit!
How to play Baccarat
In Baccarat you do not play against the dealer. The dealer instead plays both the banker’s hand and the player’s hand and your task is to guess which hand will win.
You simply place your bet on the “BANKER” or “PLAYER” side of the table and if the hand you bet on wins, you also win!
The rules are quite similar to blackjack, but with the following important differences:
- Rather than trying to get close to 21, the hand with the most points wins
- It’s not possible to have more than 9 points. As soon as the value of a hand or a card goes over 9, only the second digit is kept. 10 becomes 0, 11 becomes 1, 12 becomes 2 etc. This means tens, jacks, queens and kings are worth 0 and an ace is worth 1. Two sevens for example are worth 4 points (7 + 7 = 14, but only the second digit is kept).
There are a few additional rules regarding when the player and banker have to stand or take another card which are explained on the “how many cards are dealt” tab. These are however not necessary knowledge to start playing, so feel free to jump straight into the action!
1. If you place a winning bet on the player, you will double your bet
2. If you place a winning bet on the banker, you will win 1.95 times your bet
3. If you place a winning bet on a tie, you will win 9 times your bet
The banker has a slight advantage over the player in deciding when to stand and when to take a third card, which is why winning bets on the banker pay out slightly less.
Please note that you will not lose your bet if you bet on the player or the banker and the result is a tie (but you will lose your bet if you bet on a tie and the player or banker wins).
Dragon Tiger is a very easy, even more fast-paced variant of Baccarat.
In this variant, the player and banker are replaced by the Dragon and the Tiger. The goal is still to predict who will win.
Rather than following the steps of a normal Baccarat round, both the Dragon and the Tiger only receive one single card and the highest card wins – it’s as simple as that!
Tens and face cards keep their value in Dragon Tiger Baccarat. These cards do not necessarily tie. An ace is worth more than a king, which is worth more than a queen, which is worth more than a jack, which is worth more than a 10.
A correct bet on either the Dragon or the Tiger will double your bet. A correct bet on a tie will pay 9 times your bet. If you bet on the Dragon or the Tiger and the result is a tie, you will lose half your bet.
When playing Baccarat at goldenpalace.be, you also have the option to place wagers on the following sidebets:
- Big (pays out 1.54 times your bet): pays out as soon as more than 4 cards are dealt before a winner is decided
- Small (pays out 2.5 times your bet): pays out when a winner is decided after exactly 4 cards are dealt
- Either pair (pays out 6 times your bet): pays out when the first two cards dealt to either the player or the banker form a pair
- Banker pair (pays out 12 times your bet): pays out when the first two cards dealt to the banker form a pair
- Player pair (pays out 12 times your bet): pays out when the first two cards dealt to the player form a pair
- Perfect pair (pays out 26 times your bet): pays out when the first two cards dealt to either the player or the banker form a pair with the same suit (possible because at least 6 decks of cards are used
- Knockout Baccarat: in Knockout Baccarat you can bet on the amount of points the winning hand will have. The lower the amount of points, the higher your payout. Note that betting on 5-6 (pays out 4 times your bet) or 1-2-3-4 (pays out 8 times your bet) will pay out if the winner has ANY of those hand values.
- Super 6: the Super 6 bet pays out 13 times your bet if the Banker wins the hand with a total hand value of 6.
By betting on Dragon Bonus you bet that the player or banker will win very convincingly:
- You win 31 times your bet if your side wins with a 9 point difference
- You win 11 times your bet if your side wins with an 8 point difference
- You win 5 times your bet if your side wins with a 7 or 6 point difference
- You win 3 times your bet if your side wins with a 5 or 4 point difference
- You win 2 times your bet if your side wins when only 4 cards have been dealt in total
- You lose if your side loses or wins with a 1, 2 or 3 point difference
All ties are refunded
Amount of cards dealt
A hand of Baccarat plays out as follows:
1. Both the player and banker receive 2 cards
2. If the hand value of either the player or the banker is 8 or 9, no further cards are dealt
3. If step 2 doesn’t decide a winner, the player then draws a card if his hand value is 5 or less and stands if it is 6 or 7
4A. If the player didn’t draw a third card in step 3, the banker draws a third card if his hand value is 5 or less and stands if it is 6 or 7
4B. If the player drew a third card in step 3, the banker will use his positional and informational advantage to decide if he takes a third card or not:
- If the banker’s hand value is 0, 1 or 2 after his first 2 cards, he will draw a third card
- If the banker’s hand value is 3 after his first 2 cards and the player’s third card is an 8, the banker will stand. If the player drew a card with another value, the banker will draw a third card as well
- If the banker’s hand value is 4 and the player’s third card is 0, 1, 8 or 9, the banker will stand. If the player drew a card with another value, the banker will draw a third card as well
- If the banker’s hand value is 5 and the player’s third card is 4, 5, 6 or 7, the banker will draw a third card. If the player drew a card with another value, the banker will stand
- If the banker’s hand value is 6 and the player’s third card is 6 or 7, the banker will draw another card. If the player drew a card with another value, the banker will stand
- If the banker’s hand value is 7, he will stand
- Pierkec€1,268.00Energy Stars
- belino€353.80Lake's Five
- drieshannes€420.00Route 777
- mumust€499.00Wild Jack
- witte1960€1,700.00Bank Robbers 3S
- Westkust€1,049.00Live Roulette Portomaso
- Westkust€500.00Live Blackjack 21+3
- sylvain17€410.00Super Wheels Progressive
- kristoff8€500.00Diamond Double Wheel
- natdrink€411.50Energy Stars
- visionobscure€1,001.50Spirit Sisters
- M28€2,350.00Diamond Double Wheel
- catdel€909.40Live Roulette
- mumust€602.25Falcon Huntress
- visionobscure€757.75Wheel of Fortune Ultra 5 Reels
- luckyone€1,642.00Triple Bonus Spin Roulette
- Westkust€666.00Live Roulette Portomaso
- Cricri65€2,646.00Golden Lamp
- luckyone€1,700.00Midnight Wheel
- nael89€373.00Gold Reels
- gabiluca€354.00Royal Dice HD
- jasmin€962.18Lake's Five
- mumust€600.00Falcon Huntress
- luckyone€994.30Triple Bonus Spin Roulette
- natdrink€589.50Energy Stars
- luckyone€836.00Midnight Wheel
- nael89€515.50Gold Reels
- luckyone€680.00Triple Bonus Spin Roulette
- mamanmonange€370.00Infinity Dice
- jdtavern€1,193.00Triple Bonus Spin Roulette
- Monique12€2,103.30A While on the Nile
- gaelle1989€719.30Live Roulette
- jacoeder€415.00Royal Wheel Extra
- jacoeder€430.00Royal Wheel
- architect€551.15Foxin' Wins
- Monique12€931.80King Kong Fury
- natdrink€863.30Energy Stars
- Peyton33€470.00Spirit Sisters
- loick95€1,500.00Live Blackjack 21+3
- lucky57€360.00Royal Wheel Extra
- ange065€719.00Elephant King
- ange065€475.80Ocean Magic
- ange065€824.80King Kong Fury
- AmberBenoit€4,280.00Spirit Sisters